Instructions for the dynastree name distribution word press widget
1. Upload the 'name_distribution' folder to your blog's plugin folder (usually '/wp-content/plugins/')
2. Login to your WP admin web page.
3. Activate the Plugin: * Click on PLUGINS. * Find 'Name Distribution' in the list of Inactive Plugins (or Recently Active Plugins). * Click on Activate to activate the plugin.
4. Configure the Plugin: * Click on SETTINGS. * Click on name distribution. * Enter a last name * Press the 'Update Maps' button to get a selection of available maps for the last name you entered * Choose a map * Save the settings by clicking on the 'update settings' button
5. Setup as a sidebar widget: * Click on APPEARANCE. * Click on Widgets. * On the left side, next to 'Name Distribution', click on 'Add' to make the Widget appear in the list of Current Widgets. * Click on Save Changes.
6. If your theme DOES NOT support widgets, place this line of code in your sidebar code (e.g. sidebar.php): *
7. The dynastree name distribution map will appear in your sidebar.
Save this site at your favourite social bookmarking service