As at 04/17/2008
OSN Online Social Networking GmbH (below: dynastree) is pleased that you visit our site and pleased about your interest in our services. The protection of your personal data is a very important issue to us and we try hard to make you feel comfortable and safe on our site. In the following, we would like to explain, which information we collect during your stay on our site and which processing you agree to by accepting our regulations.
1. The personal information we collect
dynastree respects the privacy of its users and keeps all personal data confidential. The collection, procession and usage of any personal data is subject to the compliance of the Data Protection Act of the Federal Republic of Germany (TDDSG and BDSG) and the privacy regulations of the European Union.
During the register process, the following personal data is collected: First name, last name, email address (stock data). Additional personal data (such as further personal characteristics, education, address or interests) are facultative. If you like, you can also add photos to your family tree and your profile. Furthermore, you can add personal data of other persons (for example of other living or deceased members of your family.
2. Utilization and transfer of personal data
- dynastree processes and uses your stock data without your further consent only for purposes of justification, content design and editing of the contractual relation between you and dynastree as well as in the case of a legal obligation.
- On dynastree, you decide about the distribution of rights in your profile (see point 5), which of the data you added and uploaded is available to which user or user groups.
- With your consent, dynastree only uses your email address to send emails containing consulting advices, birthday reminders, newsletter, notifications, advertising of own offers and market research. We advice you, that you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings of your profile. The revocation does not include the sending of emails which are inherent parts of dynastree's service. You can revoke your consent simply by clicking the link at the bottom of any newsletter.
- Your personal data will be treated confidently. dynastree will never sell or rent your personal data to third parties. Anonymized data may be used for statistics, quality assurance or market research purposes.
- dynastree is committed to collaboration with authorities, especially prosecuting authorities and courts and can in this context be forced to pass on personal data.
- Data collected within the scope of the contractual relation will be deleted when the contractual relationship is terminated or blocked, if a further storage is not necessary. Forum posts or other contents may remain part of the system but will lose the connection to the user.
3. No data will be passed on to third parties
dynastree will not pass on any user data to third parties, unless the user has agreed explicitly or there if is a legal obligation of the passing on of data. Such consent can be revoked at any time for the future by a simple notification (email, fax, letter).
4. Right of access to personal data and editing the personal data in the profile
You can demand information on all your personal data we collected for free at any time. By logging in with your email address and your password, you can view your data, information and contents at any time in your profile. You can edit, update or remove your personal data in your profile at any time.
- Your profile is password-secured; the information therein can only be edited by you. Your profile and your family tree is visible to you and the relatives belonging to the tree. All data in your profile can be marked as private and thus made invisible to all other users.
- Your family tree is only visible to you and the members of your family that are part of your tree or to user groups that were given access by you or members of your family. Furthermore, you can decide whether your profile or parts of it are visible to other users or not. Only you, the members of your family tree and the user groups mentioned above can print the family tree and order poster printouts of the tree.
- We recommend not to tell your password to anyone and to protect the personal data therein as well as possible. You should especially not answer to any emails or popup asking for your password. To avoid unauthorized access to your profile, we recommend you to log out always after using the site and to close the browser window.
dynastree uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
7. Advertisement and Promotion
dynastree reserves the right to add advertisements to the websites, newsletters, mails and notifications for the users. For the display of personalized advertisements, for example the offer of regional, group or interest specific advertisements, the data of log-information, cookies and data added by the user will be processed. dynastree will never pass on personal data for advertising purposes to third parties.
7. Search function
The dynastree service offers various means of search of other users or profiles. These functions help you find other members of your family, friends or users with your interests and get in contact with them. With the rights management, you can decide at any time, which data or profiles you added is available for the search function and visible to certain groups of users.
7. Compliance statement
If the collection, saving, usage and further procession of your personal data is not intended in the German TDDSG or in the BDSG, we need your consent for it. You especially accept:
- that your personal data, including the data in your extended profile as well as the data you add and upload, will be stored, processed and used by us for the improvement of our services;
- that the data and files you released for visibility is visible to other members of your tree;
This compliance statement can be revoked any time with future effect.
In this case, we will delete your data if no legal regulations are violated.