[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3808: file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3808: file_get_contents(http://static00.dynastree.com/genericHTML/footer-en_US.html): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
dynastree.com - Forum • We're expanding!!! : International

At the dynastree forum you can discuss your family tree with other users, ask questions about our site and genealogy in general. Propose new features and stay up to date about the latest news!

follow me on twitter
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: We're expanding!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

So far, there's an English, a German, a Polish, an Italian, a Portuguese, a Spanish, a Brazilian and a French version of our site.
If you don't speak any of these languages (how can you read this post? :wink: ), which one would you like us to add?

The itsourtree.com team

Post subject: added language
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:15 am 

Hurray!

The team added Unicode to the nodes on the tree. For me, that allows Chinese characters to be displayed on the tree. This allows my Chinese relatives to be added seamlessly to my English (USA) speaking relatives. I have the characters on the 'displayed names' fields and PinYin (the official romanized version of Chinese characters) on the name fields.

The program crashes a little more, but the names are displayed fine.

If only you can translate the pages to Chinese Characters and add that language as an option.

Doug

Post subject: International
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:22 pm 

Is there a chance of Croatian or Serbian language ?

Post subject: Hungarian
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:20 am 

Do you plan to add Hungarian language?
Can we help in the localization in any way?

Post subject: Upcoming language versions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:32 am 
Site Admin

@Soulman & gabbek: Sorry, Hungarian, Croatian and Serbian versions are not on our list (yet!). As the webpage needs to be maintained here in Hamburg, Germany by a country manager, we're sorry to say that we appreciate your offer to help us translate but we're looking for full-time country managers here in Hamburg to get the localizations and the community management done.

However, we're currently thinking about a Russian version, but beware! this is not an official announcement :wink:

With kind regards,

the itsourtree.com team

Post subject: Re: We're expanding!!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:04 pm 

itsourtree.com-Team wrote:
So far, there's an English, a German, a Polish, an Italian, a Portuguese, a Spanish, a Brazilian and a French version of our site.
If you don't speak any of these languages (how can you read this post? :wink: ), which one would you like us to add?

The itsourtree.com team

Hi,

I would like to have the site translated into Slovak and/or Czech language.

As you see, there are several volunteers who could help with translation... so maybe it would be worth to use some kind of xml containing all the text for selected language. That way you could just send the xml file to the volunteer and after it returns you would just "plug it in" itsourtree.com ...

or do I see it more simple than it is? :-)

Marian