[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3808: file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3808: file_get_contents(http://static00.dynastree.com/genericHTML/footer-en_US.html): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
dynastree.com - Forum • Name Index : Wishlist

At the dynastree forum you can discuss your family tree with other users, ask questions about our site and genealogy in general. Propose new features and stay up to date about the latest news!

follow me on twitter
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Name Index
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:50 pm 

Hi There Dynastree People
I really love your program. It is so understandable and usable. And by chance it has become the most popular one in Poland where my family is from. Therefore I have found all kinds of new cousins and connections. For this I am most grateful.

1. However your new system has cut down the size of my Name Index. This is my main starting point for research. Now it has become rather useless. There is nowhere I can get a list of all my families anymore. I have to go through the actual tree looking for names, which takes too long. The list was useful because it was the first source of comparison with other indexes, ie in books, other trees etc.

I am one of those amateur genealogists who enjoy going on tangents into distant in-laws, following a family like a mad bloodhound, simply because their story is so compelling, so utterly representative of the nation itself. I have learned so much!

I was even hoping that the name index would eventually be an option as an opening page.

2. The search function does not seem to work very well any more. For example I search my own last name, and I get the other trees soon enough, but my relatives/family takes forever... sometimes never showing up. I used to jump back and forth between the two lists to compare them. Now that takes too long.

3. Because of this, is it possible to opt out of the new system until later?